January 11, 2022 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 20, Issue 2
Below is an image I took last winter. It features my favorite birdhouse and one of the last snows of the season. Even though this photo is very ordinary, it brings me joy; therefore, it’s going on a scrapbook page.
Find the Mistakes
Putting this image on a finished scrapbook page would be a mistake. Do you know why?
Is something missing? Does something need to be corrected? See if you can spot two things wrong with this image.
- Error #1?
- Error #2?
If you’re not sure, here’s a list of six things that could possibly be wrong with an image like this. Which of these two things do you think is wrong with the image above?
Get the Answers — Error #1
- PROBLEM: The photo is too dark. This photo came directly out of my DSLR camera (the good one). So, I know it’s a good photo, but the weather was dreary and there was very low light.
- SOLUTION: Every photo worthy of a scrapbook is also worthy of a photo fix. I fixed my photo in Camera Raw. It only took 10 seconds.
Get the Answers — Error #2
- PROBLEM: The photo’s horizon is crooked. Most photos will contain something that should be horizontally or vertically straight in real life. Look for things like: the side of a building, a telephone pole, or a tree.
- SOLUTION: Straighten the photo so that the most obvious lines are no longer crooked. There are three lines on this image that I made straight again. I’ve indicated them below.
Okay, after those super fast fixes, now my image is ready for a scrapbook page.
- For help with page design, visit our Design Beautiful Pages class.
- For help with photo fixes using Camera Raw, visit An Eye For Edits.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Candy Sweet by Simple Pleasure Designs. The quiz image above features elements from First Snow by Palvinka Designs.
New from Our Community Forum
- Make a PDF from a Blogpost or Webpage
- How to Stop Overscrolling in Photoshop
- Friday Favorites for Jan 7
- and More
Now Accepting Applications
For a Limited Time – Apply for our Spring 2022 Community Team
Are you interested in:
- Getting EARLY ACCESS to our classes/tutorials and pretesting them?
- Being a cheerleader in our Community (not on Facebook)?
If you answered YES to the above, then I’d LOVE for you to apply for our Community Team. This team’s term runs from February 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022.
P.S. We allow you to take vacations and have a life! (wink)
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries