January 18, 2022 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 20, Issue 3
Have you ever had a conversation with a friend, and the whole time you’re hardly listening because they have something majorly out of place — like a fly in their hair or mustard on their chin?
It’s the same when there’s something majorly out of place on a scrapbook page. The glaring error keeps people from seeing the story you’re trying to tell.
In 2022, I’m going to try and help you eliminate errors so your pages glisten, instead of glare.
Let’s take another pop quiz.
Here’s a frame cluster made with elements from Unforgettable by KimB Designs.
Find the Mistake
Putting this frame cluster on a finished scrapbook page would be a mistake. Do you know why?
Is something missing? Does something need to be corrected? See if you can spot one thing wrong with this frame cluster.
If you’re not sure, here’s a list of three things that could possibly be wrong with a frame cluster like this. Which one of these do you think is wrong with the image above?
- Type above 3D elements
- Script letters do not connect
- Missing drop shadows
To get the answer, scroll to the bottom of this newsletter. But before you look, make sure to check out all the other great stuff we have in the newsletter this week.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Sleepyhead by Kim B Designs.
New in Community
- In the Forum: Adobe Bridge Class — It really is coming!
- In the Forum: ASK: Save As Dialog Box Moved
- In Challenges: Frame Cluster Challenge — Leave an idea & take an idea
Apply for Our Spring Community Team
We are now accepting applications for our Spring 2022 Community Team. The application deadline is Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
Our Community Team consists of 8-10 people with varying degrees of computer and software knowledge. They help by pretesting our classes and tutorials. You will also see them hanging around Community to spread general cheer.
If you’re interested in serving on our team, go here to learn more and apply.
Boogie with Us This Week!
In the middle of every month, we invite you to take time out — 15 minutes per day for 5 straight days — to get things caught up in the area of digital scrapbooking. It’s nothing official. It’s just a little nudge to help you be the best scrapbooker you can be!
What could YOU accomplish with 15 min per day for 5 straight days? Here are a few ideas:
- Work on your smallest, unfinished class.
- Clean out your Download folder.
- Keyword and/or rename your photos and downloaded kits from December.
- All caught up? Create a scrapbook page (with or without photos)
As you get things accomplished, we invite you to share your success with us in Community. We’d love to celebrate with you!
NOTE: The image above uses New Things by Just Jaimee.
Spectacular Pages from the Gallery
Get the Quiz Answer
Frame Cluster Pop Quiz Answer
- PROBLEM: The word “memory” is using a script font. When using a script font, the letter’s ligatures need to connect when possible.
- SOLUTION: The Horizontal Type tool has a Tracking setting. When you adjust the Tracking, you adjust the space between letters of a word. You can even highlight a couple of letters of the word and only adjust those if needed.
Here is what the frame cluster should look like. Now I’m ready to fill that cute little frame with a favorite photo and finish my scrapbook page.