2019 Digital Scrapbooking Software
Should You Use Photoshop Elements 2020
or Adobe Photoshop CC?
by Jen White
As a digital scrapbooker, you have many of choices for what software you use to scrapbook with.
Here at Digital Scrapper, we recommend and support Adobe software for scrapbooking—either Photoshop Elements or Adobe Photoshop.
So, which is better for your needs? Let’s take a look at your options, Then, you can decide.
Photoshop Elements 2020
Currently about 2/3 of our members use Photoshop Elements for digital scrapbooking. There are many reasons this program is more often chosen, but here are the main ones we hear about:
- Ownership. Photoshop Elements (PSE) is your program. You make one big payment, then you own it forever.
- Price. PSE is relatively inexpensive. The newest release has a price tag of $99. But if you are upgrading, and can prove previous ownership, the price purchase from Adobe drops to $79.
- CD Copy. Software delivered by mail in the form of CD is slowly becoming a thing of the past. But, if you love having your program on a CD, you can still get Photoshop Elements in a pretty case to place on your shelf.
Should you upgrade to PSE 2020 this year?
As a scrapbooker, who primarily works in Expert Mode, there is nothing new in this version to shout about.
But, here’s some advice to help you decide.
- Yes, upgrade if ANY of these apply:
- You enjoy having the latest and greatest software.
- You want your program to exactly match your instructor’s program in our upcoming classes and tutorials.
- You currently own PSE 2018 or earlier. Type Tool Tracking was added in PSE2019 and it’s a must-have!
- You like playing with new and improved Guided Edits.
- No, do not upgrade if ALL these apply:
- You currently own PSE 2019.
- You are frugally minded.
Helpful Photoshop Elements Links
- Try Photoshop Elements 2020 FREE for 30 Days. You will need to login with your Adobe ID to access the trial downloads.
- PRO TIP #1. Wait for a sale. You will eventually see the price of PSE2020 drop to half the price.
- PRO TIP #2. When you find a sale, download a trial version from Adobe (It’s the full program!), then buy a serial number from a retailer (any package format). When you get your serial number, use it to validate your trial version.
- Learn more about the new features of Photoshop Elements 2020 before you buy directly from Adobe.
- Buy Photoshop Elements 2020 (Download or CD) from Amazon. Remember to watch for sales.
Adobe Photoshop CC
Approximately 1/3 of our members use Photoshop CC. Here are a few of the reasons they are choosing this route:
- Photoshop CC (PSCC) is top of the line both in features and technology. Do you love power, professionalism, and flexibility? Then PSCC is for you!
- Just to name a few, PSCC gives scrapbookers more flexibility in transforming, blending, and layer styles.
- Photoshop CC is subscription based. You essentially ‘rent’ the program.
- Your subscription includes all upgrades…for the entire duration of your subscription.
Dispelling the PSCC Myths
- Constant Web Connection. You do not have to have a constant connection to the internet to use PSCC. You can stay off line for several months before the program will ask you to validate your subscription.
Helpful Adobe Photoshop Links
- Try Adobe Photoshop CC FREE for 7 days.
- You will need to login with your Adobe ID to download the trial.
- The download link is at the top of the page.
- Subscribe to Adobe Photoshop through the Photography Plan.
- You will need to login with your Adobe ID to subscribe.
- The cost is $10mo and includes Lightroom and 20GB of cloud storage. (More storage is available for add’l cost.)
- Learn more about the newest features of Adobe Photoshop CC before you subscribe.
Was this information helpful? Let me know in the comments below!
- Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with changes and new releases.
Author: Jen White | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.