Painting with Filters Challenge
by Jenifer Juris
Ready to have some fun with filters? In WOW Filter Effects you’ll use Photoshop filters to create some beautiful effects with your photos. The artwork will be so stunning you’ll be tempted to frame and display it on your walls!
======>> See who won below.
The Mini Class
Our classroom topic for July 2016 Premier is WOW Filter Effects. In this mini class, Linda Sattgast demonstrates how to:
- Use filters to create a sketchy title
- Use filters to create a vintage travel poster
- Use filters to create a painting effect
- Use actions to simplify these effects
- and much, much more
As part of the July 2016 mini class, members will receive video instructions on:
- Painting with Filters
With this information in hand, we are challenging you to join Linda and her Creative Team as they focus in on creating artwork for the Painting with Filters Challenge. See the Challenge Guidelines below.
Access the Tutorials
Download the PDF’s and Video Tutorials here:
- Current Premier members: Log in to the July 2016 Premier Classroom.
- All others: You can purchase the Painting with Filters tutorial as part of this month’s Mini Class from now through July 31, 2016. Click here to purchase.
Here is an example from the class:
Step One: Apply What You’ve Learned
After viewing the Painting with Filters video, create the painted look on a photo and/or scrapbook page. There is no limit to the number of entries into the challenge.
Step Two: Enter to Win
- All entries must be received by Sunday, July 17, 2016, 10 PM Eastern.
- Post a photo or finished scrapbook page featuring the Painting with Filters technique to the Painting with Filters Challenge Gallery. (See the inspiration pages below.)
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
Step Three: Watch Your Inbox
We’ll be watching the challenge gallery for entries containing creative creation and application of the Painting with Filters concept.
- One entry from the Challenge Gallery will be chosen on July 18, 2016.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery) and will be announced in the Digital Scrapper News.
- The winner will receive a $10 coupon good towards any existing or future class here at Digital Scrapper.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Painting with Filters Challenge Top Pick
I love the painted look Nann achieved using filters on this fun photo. It looks like someone made a sketch and then painted in the colors, brighter on the children and muted elsewhere. The grid paper made a great background for the painting, and the colorful top and bottom paper strips and elements added the finishing touch. Oh, and I love the title—scribbles and a two-font combo! Wonderful job, Nann. ~ Linda Sattgast
We can’t wait to see the things you create with this and we’re also looking forward to seeing your entries in the challenge gallery!
Author: Jenifer Juris | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.