Digital Scrapper Quick Tip, Selection Tool
Transform VS Transform Selection by Jen White
Don’t make the mistake of mixing up Transform and Transform Selection. They have similar names, but their purposes are totally different.
Transform (Free Transform)
- Transforms the pixels inside the selection.
- You access it with the shortcut (Ctrl/Cmd T).
- Is destructive.
- Transforms just the selection outline, not the pixels inside of it.
- You access it on the document after a selection is made.
- It has no shortcut.
- Right click (Ctrl click) inside the selection and choose Transform Selection.
- Is non-destructive.
This tip is for both Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop.
Subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a tip, tutorial, online class, or freebie!
Author: Jen White | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.