Digital Scrapper Quick Tip, Type Tool
Type Layer VS Text Box by Jenifer Juris
Understand the difference between a simple type layer and a containing text box, and learn where each is most helpful.
Simple Type Layer
- Use a simple type layer for titles and dates.
- To create a simple type layer, get the Horizontal Type tool, click once on the document, type a word or phrase, and click the checkmark to commit the change.
Containing Text Box
- Use a containing text box for journaling.
- To create a containing text box, get the Horizontal Type tool, click and drag a small selection on the document, type a paragraph of journaling, and click the checkmark to commit the change.
- The text box can be transformed while typing by clicking and dragging on the bounding box handles.
This tip is for both Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop.
Page & Photos: Jenifer Juris
Kit: Oh So Cute by Aprilisa Designs
Fonts: Josefin Sans, Hello Sakura
Subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a tip, tutorial, online class, or freebie!
Learn how to create impeccably crafted type
and attention-grabbing word art.
Author: Jenifer Juris | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.