October 31, 2023 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 21, Issue 44
‘Tis the season for change.
I consider myself fortunate to live in a zone where the effects of all four seasons are fully seen and felt. Even after seeing the leaves change colors for well over 50 years, I still stand in total astonishment at the beauty of it.
Last week I had the opportunity to ride the trails at my local state park. This photo is just one of the bazillion I took with my phone while on the move. I just couldn’t help myself.
If you’re like me and you cannot help but take photos of color change, I hope you take the time to put some of those photos on a scrapbook page. Here are a few tips for doing so:
Tip #1 Brighten Those Photos
- Your camera or phone will not be able to capture the true beauty of what you saw through the lens…but you can get closer to the true picture by simply increasing the exposure and/or vibrance of the image.
- Camera Raw is my choice for doing that. You can learn all about Camera Raw in An Eye for Edits by Jenifer Juris. Get the details below.
Tip #2 Pair with Colorful Elements
- If your elements are not quite as bright and colorful as your photos, then adjust their color, too.
- Jenifer Juris has a new FREE video this week that shows you how to do just that. Scroll down for more details.
I hope you’re able to get out this week and do a little leaf-peeping. Here in Indiana, my leaves are peaking their heart out!
Love and creative success,
Jen White, Owner of Digital Scrapper & QwikLearn
P.S. The header above was created using Winds of Change by Bellisae.
P.P.S. Coming this week: New Quick Start Guides for Photoshop 2024 and Photoshop Elements 2024.
Here’s the scrapbook page I created with the leaf and photo above.
Page & Photo: Jen White
Quick Tip: Adjust Color, Add Warmth by Jenifer Juris
Kit: A Camp Tale by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Fonts: Miss Stanfort, Caroni
News from Our Community
- Throwback Thursdays. Add movement to the background of your next page or card with Jen’s Quick Starburst Overlay tutorial.
- Friday Favorites. See what others found and shared from the web last week. Go to Friday Favorites.
- Scraplift Saturday. See this week’s scraplift card by Julie Singco. It’s not too late to join the fun!
- Card Library. Looking for inspiration? Check out our Card Library. Lots of fun cards have been added thanks to Jenifer’s Custom Card classes.
Newsletter Exclusive Sale
Save 30% on An Eye for Edits by Jenifer Juris
Learn how to identify the problems in your photos. Then, use Adobe’s powerful Camera Raw to quickly repair those problems.
Save 30% on An Eye for Edits now through Saturday, November 4, 2023, Midnight EDT.
NOTE: This is not a new class. This sale cannot be combined with any other discount.
NEW FREE Quick Tip
Add Warmth to an Element by Jenifer Juris
Quickly give an autumn touch to an element by adjusting the color balance to warm it up.
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries