July 25, 2023 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 21, Issue 30
I’m continuing this week with Title Tip #7 from the Title Tip series for 10 Timeless Titles Vol 2.
Here’s Title Tip #7: Syllable Title
Use a dictionary website to create an easy title separated into syllables.
The Easy Way to Do Syllables
- Go to Merriam-Webster’s website and type in your word.
- Highlight and copy how they have the word split into syllables.
- On your document, activate the Horizontal Type tool and place the cursor.
- Paste the highlighted text onto your document. This will give you the correct formatting for the dots between syllables!
Tips for creating a title like this:
- Use a print font. A serif font is best. Do not use a script font.
- Not all fonts will recognize the dot character between syllables, but many will.
- Start with a Tracking of 0. To spread the characters out more, increase the Tracking.
If you’re enrolled in 10 Timeless Titles Vol 2, you’ll receive a PDF of all 10 Title Tips at the end of class.
Love and creative success,
Jen White, Owner of Digital Scrapper & QwikLearn
P.S. The header above was created using Among the Wildflowers by Aprilisa Designs.
P.P.S. Here are the credits for the titles above:
- Memorable: (Font) Athelas
- Unforgettable: (Font) Josefin Slab
- Forever: (Font) Courier
- Restaurant: (Font) Playfair Display
News from Our Community
- Throwback Thursdays. Read how to quickly turn a shiny alpha into a Brand New Alpha.
- Friday Favorites. See what others found and shared from the web last week. Go to Friday Favorites.
- Scraplift Saturday. See this week’s scraplift card by Julie Singco. It’s not too late to join the fun!
Pattern Design 1 — Two Days Left to Save 35%
Pattern design is not just a must-have skill for designers. It’s a must-have skill for scrapbookers who seek to make the most of their stashes and create unique layouts and greeting cards.
The galleries are already brimming with beautiful patterns created with the help of Syndee Rogers and her newest class, Pattern Design 1.
Apply to Join Our Community Team
We are in search of a few great people to serve on our Community Team from August 1, 2023, to January 31, 2024. Are you looking for a way to learn new techniques, get your stories told, and join a fun Community? Apply TODAY for our Fall 2023 Community Team!
If you are interested, today is the LAST DAY we are accepting applications.
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries
Page & Photo: Jenifer Juris
Class: 10 Timeless Titles Vol 2, Ransom-Style Title
Page: Pat Rech