Do you struggle with what to write in your Valentine’s Day cards? Find just the right words in this list of Valentine’s Day quotes. The recipient will know exactly how much you love them.
NOTE: This list was compiled by Shutterfly, and the original article can be found here.
Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “Where there is great love, there are always wishes.” —Willa Cather
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt the truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.” —William Shakespeare
- “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” —Maya Angelou
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” —Aberjhani
- “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” —Aberjhani
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” —Audre Lorde
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” —Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” —Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- “I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough.” —Jason Mraz
- “We love because he first loved us.” —1 John 4:19
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” —Ingrid Bergman
- “Love is being stupid together.” —Paul Valery
- “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” —Robert Heinlein
- “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” —Rose Franken
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves- alone we find it with another.” —Thomas Merton
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “Words cannot expresso how much you mean to me.” —Anonymous
- “If you were a transformer, you’d be Optimus Fine.” —Anonymous
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” —Eva Gabor
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine — and I’m the one you need.” —Anonymous
- “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.” —Anonymous
- “If you were on paper, you’d be what they call fine print.” —Anonymous
- “Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I skinned my knee when I fell for you.” —Anonymous
- “I think you are suffering from a lack of Vitamin ME.” —Anonymous
- “I’m yours, no refunds.” —Anonymous
- “There is no one I’d rather lie in bed and look at my phone next to.” —Anonymous
- “You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.” —Anonymous
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” —Rita Rudner
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Him
- “My favorite place in all of the world is next to you.” —Anonymous
- “From the first time I saw you, I knew you would have my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best husband I could have asked for.” —Anonymous
- “Love is more than longing gazes, dancing in the rain and candlelight dinners, but I am so glad we experience all of that and more. I love you!” —Anonymous
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to my handsome guy. I am proud to be yours and love being with you on this day and each chance we can get!” —Anonymous
- “All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.” Andre Breton
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” —The Chaos of Stars
- “I love you because you make me ridiculously happy.” —Anonymous
- “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.” —Anonymous
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you.” —Anonymous
- “You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.” —Anonymous
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” —Leo Christopher
- “I’ve never been so scared of losing something in my entire life, then again nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do.” —Anonymous
- “I love that rush, when he folds me into his arms and I can let out a sigh of relief, knowing I’m safe there. Always. —Michelle Poelking
- “When I’m with you hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart, days feel like years.” —Anonymous
- “I will never forget the moment I realized I loved you.” —Anonymous
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Her
- “In a world full of temporary things, you are a perpetual feeling.” —Sanober Khan
- “Love is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you can feel it.” —A Walk to Remember
- “Love is too weak a word for what I feel for you. One life is too small a time to express how madly I am in love with you.” —Anonymous
- “You take my breath away. Always.” —Anonymous
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus a day, so I never have to live without you.” —Anonymous
- “Come live in my heart and pay no rent.” —Anonymous
- “You have no idea how fast my heart beats when I see you.” —Anonymous
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.” —Anonymous
- “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” —The Notebook
- “I kind of sort of maybe quite possibly like you a lot.” —Anonymous
- “Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” —Sam Keen
- “Because a girl like you is impossible to find.” —Anonymous
- “I love you not only for what you are but, for what I am when I’m with you.” —Roy Croft
- “Turns out I like you a lot more than I originally planned.” —Anonymous
- “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you are yet to be.” —Anonymous
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
- “A friendship that like love is warm; A love like friendship, steady.” —Thomas Moore
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.” —William Arthur Ward
- “As good friends go, you really shine. Let’s be each other’s Valentine!” —Anonymous
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” —Hubert H. Humphrey
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” —Helen Keller
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” —Henry Ford
- “Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It’s loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weakness.” —Ann Landers
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” —Jim Morrison
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less and smile a lot more. Happy Valentine’s Day!” —Anonymous
- “I have looked at you in millions of ways and I have loved you in each. Happy Valentine’s Day.” —Anonymous
- “Good friends are like the stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” —Anonymous
- “If there ever comes a day where we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” —Winnie The Pooh
- “Friendship gives wings to the heart as if there is no distance that can set them apart.” —Anonymous
Cute Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon.” —Anonymous
- “Life is full of lots of things that make it all worthwhile, but none is better than your little smile.” —Anonymous
- “Know what I like about you? Everything! Happy Valentine’s Day.” —Anonymous
- “You will forever be my always.” —Anonymous
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life love gives us a fairytale.” —Anonymous
- “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.” —Anonymous
- “In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.” —Hans Nouwens
- “You’re the jam!” —Anonymous
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once.” —John Green
- “You are the brightest star, and I’m in love with who you are.” —White Lines & Red Lights
- “You are the person I never knew how to write, and this life is the story I have always wanted to tell.” —Tyler Knott Gregson
- “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” —E.E. Cummings
- “You are what I never knew I always wanted.” —Fools Rush in
- “For love, I’d do anything. For you, I’d do more.” —Anonymous
Valentine’s Day Quotes for You
- “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” —Anonymous
- “To love yourself is to understand you don’t need to be perfect to be good.” —Anonymous
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” —Anonymous
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection.” —Buddha
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” —M. Scott Peck
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” —Fred Rogers
- “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” —Diane Von Furstenberg
- “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” —Aberjhani
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” —Charles Bukowski
- “Be yourself. There is no one better.” —Anonymous
- “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone who loves the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” —Carrie Bradshaw
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” —Oscar Wilde
- “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” —Walt Disney
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” —Maya Angelou
- Wishing you happiness and love in the coming year!
- I miss and love you lots, and along with a happy Valentine’s Day, I wish you a wonderful year (with a few visits from me!)
- Wishing you well, Valentine. Hope you have a fantastic day and can’t wait to get together to celebrate!
- Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day spent with all the ones you love—especially me!
- I wish you and all your loved ones a wonderful Valentine’s Day spent together. Hoping it’s full of chocolates, flowers, and lots of love!
- I wish you and your family a very happy Valentine’s Day! Spend this special time together and remind each other how much you’re appreciated!
- What a wonderful day full of sweets, flowers, and love. Wishing you all the best this Valentine’s Day.
- Such a wonderful day with so much love in the air. Wishing you plenty of love and celebration with your family!
- I wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day! The chocolates are coming later! (If I don’t eat them all first).
- Valentine’s day is a day meant to be spent with those you love, so my wish for you is to come visit me!
- I wish you the most wonderful Valentine’s Day—I know mine is better thanks to you!
NOTE: This list was compiled by Shutterfly, and the original article can be found here.
Author: Julie Singco | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.
“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” —Anonymous
Love this one!! Thanks Julie for sharing this list.
Thanks so much, Patsy. There are some really good ones in that list.
This is great…now to figure out which one to use on my layouts! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Good luck choosing one, Nanci!