Multiple Masked Edges Challenge
by Nannette Dalton
Ready to learn some powerful new tricks for using layer masks? In The Mighty Mask you’ll create artistic effects that would be difficult or impossible without masks!
The Mini Class
Our classroom topic for March 2016 Premier is The Mighty Mask. In this mini class, Linda Sattgast demonstrates how to:
- master the basics of layer masks
- change the blend mode of a clipped mask without having to merge it
- make your own unique masks using an action and the Displace Filter
- use texture in a layer mask to create a grungy rubber stamp effect
- and much, much more
As part of the March 2016 mini class, members will receive video instructions on:
- adding a clipping mask to a layer mask that makes it far more versatile
- using multiple masked layers to create a stunning edge effect
With this information in hand, we are challenging you to join Linda and her Creative Team as they focus in on creating multiple masked edges. See the Challenge Guidelines below.
Access the Tutorials
Download the PDF’s and Video Tutorials here:
- Current Premier members: Log in to the March 2016 Premier Classroom.
- All others: You can purchase Clipping Mask Blending and Multiple Masked Edges as part of this month’s Premier issue from now through March 31, 2016. Click here to purchase.
Here is an example from the class:
Step One: Apply What You’ve Learned
- After viewing the Clipping Mask Blending and Multiple Masked Edges videos, create a multiple masked edge look on a scrapbook page.
- There is no limit to the number layouts you can enter into the challenge.
Step Two: Enter to Win
- All entries must be received by Sunday, March 13, 2016, 10 PM Eastern.
- Post a finished scrapbook page featuring your multiple masked edge layout to the Multiple Masked Edges Challenge Gallery. (See the inspiration pages below.)
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
Step Three: Watch Your Inbox
We’ll be watching the challenge gallery for entries containing creative creation and application of multiple masked edges.
- One entry from the Challenge Gallery will be chosen on Monday, March 14, 2016.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery) and will be announced in the Digital Scrapper News on Tuesday, March 22, 2016.
- The winner will receive a $25 credit on account at Persnickty Prints.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Author: Nannette Dalton | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.