July 6, 2021 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 19, Issue 27
When was the last time you typed inside a shape?
Shapes are not only a fun way to add interest to your scrapbook page, but they are perfect for wrangling in the words of your journaling.
Quick Steps For Typing Inside a Shape
- Add a shape to your document. I used the Ellipse tool, which is nested with the shape tools, but many of Adobe’s shapes will provide a good result.
- Get the Type tool with your favorite journaling font.
- On your document, click inside the shape and type your journaling.
- In the Layers panel, hide the Shape layer.
Fill the Shape!
If your type does not completely fill the shape, the cool effect will be lost. Here are a few things you can try to make sure the shape is completely filled with type:
- Slightly lower or raise the size of the type.
- Change to a different journaling font.
- Increase or decrease the Leading of the type (as shown below).
Make Something Great
This week, Julie Singco has created a new FREE video tutorial for you showing how to create the offset frame on my page above. Enjoy!
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Take Note by Kim B & Anita Designs. The page above was created using A Million Little Things by Angie Briggs.
Save 25% on Secrets of Terrific Type
Learn how to create the kind of gorgeous type that’s showing up everywhere, on T-shirts, designer pillows, picture frames, but especially on some of the coolest scrapbook pages.
Click here to Save 25% on Secrets of Terrific Type
NOTE: This is not a new class.
New FREE Video Tutorial
by Julie Singco
Quickly add a trendy offset frame to your digital project. It’s a great way to draw attention to a photo.
This tutorial includes:
- Closed-captioned video
- Step-by-step PDF manual
- Layered PSD grayscale template
Thanks for the Text tutorial. Hope you don’t mind, but I have copied and pasted it into a Word Document so I can go back to it repeatedly. I don’t do this often and forget each time I need to use it.
Am now about to look at the video tutorial which I am sure will be excellent.