Word Art Challenge
by Nannette Dalton
The Mini Class
Our classroom topic for February 2016 Premier is In Love With Type. In this mini class, Linda Sattgast demonstrates how to:
- Turn a photo into a painted background
- Combine three images into one image to create a single painted background
- Create a Mood Board
- Choose symbolic elements and images and composite them into a masterpiece
- And much, much more
The Challenge (EXPIRED)
As part of the February 2016 mini class, members will receive:
- Word Art Recipes—a PDF guide to great word art, demonstrating 6 styles of word art.
- 30 custom designed word art files in a fully editable PSD format.
- More than 70 fun fonts with which to create wonderful word art
With this information in hand, we are challenging you to join Linda and her Creative Team as they focus in on creating word art. See the Challenge Guidelines below.
Access the Files
Download the PDF and word art files here:
- Current Premier members: Log in to the February 2016 Premier Classroom.
- All others: The Word Art Recipes PDF and word art files can be purchased from now through February 29, 2016, as part of this month’s Premier issue. Click here to purchase.
Here are some examples from the Word Art Recipes PDF:
Step One: Apply What You’ve Learned
- After viewing the Word Art Recipes PDF, use one of the recipes to create word art.
- Use your word art on a scrapbook page.
- There is no limit to the number layouts you can enter into the challenge.
Step Two: Enter to Win (EXPIRED)
- All entries must be received by Monday, February 15, 2016, 10 PM Eastern. (EXPIRED)
- Post a finished scrapbook page featuring your word art to the Word Art Challenge Gallery. (See the inspiration pages below.)
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used. And, be sure to tell us which recipe you used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
Step Three: Watch Your Inbox
We’ll be watching the challenge gallery for entries containing creative creation and application of word art.
- One entry from the Challenge Gallery will be chosen on Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery) and will be announced in the Digital Scrapper News on Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
- The winner will receive a $25 credit on account at AdoramaPix.com.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
The winner of this challenge is tbcarter2002. Congratulations!
Examples of Font Contrast:
Example of Hand Drawn:
Examples of Letter Play:
Examples of Type Decor:
Examples of Word Art:
Examples of Word Play:
Author: Nannette Dalton | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.