Water Reflection Challenge
by Jenifer Juris
Add a realistic water reflection to a photo in a few easy steps, or make it even faster by using an action!
==>> See who won below.
The Mini Class
Our classroom topic for August 2016 Premier is Classic Photo Effects. In this mini class, Linda Sattgast demonstrates how to:
- create a fish-eye effect
- make a one of a kind photo collage
- create a water reflection
- and Create a faded photo look that will make your photos stand out.
As part of the August 2016 mini class, members will receive video instructions on creating a water reflection.
With this information in hand, we are challenging you to join Linda Sattgast and her Creative Team as they focus in on creating pages for the Water Reflection Challenge. See the Challenge Guidelines below.
Access the Tutorials
Download the Water Reflection PDF’s and video tutorials here:
Current Premier members: Log in to the August 2016 Premier Classroom.
All others: You can purchase the Water Reflection tutorial as part of this month’s Premier issue from now through August 31, 2016. Click here to buy now. Or, click here to learn more the current Premier Issue.
Here is an example from the class:
Step One: Apply What You’ve Learned
- After viewing the Water Reflection video tutorial, apply what you’ve learned to a card, scrapbook page, or other digital project.
- There is no limit to the number layouts you can enter into the challenge.
Step Two: Enter to Win
- All entries must be received by Sunday, August 14th, 2016, 10 PM Eastern.
- Post an entry to the Water Reflection Challenge Gallery. (See the inspiration pages below.)
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
Step Three: Watch Your Inbox
- We’ll be watching the challenge gallery for entries containing creative creation and application of the water reflection tutorial.
- One entry from the Challenge Gallery will be chosen on August 15th.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery) and will be announced in the Digital Scrapper News and on our Facebook page.
- The winner will receive $25 credit on account at AdoramaPix.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Water Reflection Challenge Top Pick
This captivating and colorful scrapbook page by farmwife is my top pick for the Water Reflection Challenge. The photo came alive under the instruction of Linda Sattgast’s Painting with Filters tutorial, but then farmwife hit a home run by applying the Water Reflection technique. This photo is the perfect example of enhanced beauty. Great job, farmwife! ~ Jen White
Author: Jenifer Juris | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.