Sparks of Light Challenge
by Jenifer Juris
Ready to learn some fantastic ways to use brushes? In Beautiful Brushwork, you’ll be exploring ways to use the brush tool to create fabulous digital art!
The Mini Class
Our classroom topic for June 2016 Premier is Beautiful Brushwork. In this mini class, Linda Sattgast demonstrates how to:
- Master the basics of scatter brushes
- Use brushes to create sparks of light
- Use brushes to create watercolor paintings
- Use brushes to add grunge
- And much, much more
As part of the June 2016 mini class, members will receive video instructions on how to create Sparks of Light.
With this information in hand, we are challenging you to join Linda and her Creative Team as they focus in on creating pages that use the Sparks of Light video tutorial. See the Challenge Guidelines below.
Access the Tutorials
Download the PDF’s and Video Tutorials here:
- Current Premier members: Log in to the June 2016 Premier Classroom.
- All others: You can purchase the Sparks of Light video tutorial as part of this month’s Premier issue from now through June 30, 2016. Click here to purchase.
Here is an example from the class:
Step One: Apply What You’ve Learned
- After viewing the Sparks of Light video, create this look on a scrapbook page.
- There is no limit to the number layouts you can enter into the challenge.
Step Two: Enter to Win
- All entries must be received by Sunday, June 19, 2016, 10 PM Eastern.
- Post a finished scrapbook page featuring your challenge layout to the Sparks of Light Challenge Gallery. (See the inspiration pages below.)
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
Step Three: Watch Your Inbox
- We’ll be watching the challenge gallery for entries containing creative creation and application of the Sparks of Light technique.
- One entry from the Challenge Gallery will be chosen on Monday, June 20, 2016.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery) and will be announced in the Digital Scrapper News.
- The winner will receive $25 credit on account at PersnickityPrints.com.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Author: Jenifer Juris | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.