Quick Tip—Brand New Alpha
by Jen White
Here’s a quick tip for giving a shiny alpha a brand new look. The alpha and paper below are from Eggs In My Bonnet by Amber Shaw.
In Photoshop Elements or Adobe Photoshop:
- Open an letter from a shiny alpha (File > Open).
- Open a brown paper and add it to the alpha file using the Move tool.
- In the Menu Bar, choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
- In the Layers panel, change the Blend Mode of the paper layer to Multiply.
- Save the new alpha (File > Save As) as a PNG file with a unique name.
- Remember not to save over the original!
I LOVE the look of my brand new alpha!
The quickpage above is exclusively available to Premier members during the month of April 2015.
Interested in digging in deeper?
If you enjoyed this tutorial, you’ll love our Little Known Secrets class! In it you’ll discover new techniques for some Photoshop tools that you’ve probably never used and new uses for many familiar tools.
With over 30 tutorials that will wow you and help you become a more confident scrapbooker, you can skip trial and error and go straight to the fun.
Author: Jen White | email@example.com
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.