Qwik Tip — Stripes to Chevrons
by Jen White
Double the usefulness of a an angled striped paper by turning it from a stripe to a chevron.
Step One: Open a Paper
- Open an angled striped paper (File > Open).
If you’d like to use this paper by Susie Roberts that I’m using, you can download it here.
Step Two: Duplicate and Flip the Paper
- Press Ctrl J (Mac: Cmd J) to duplicate the paper layer.
- Press Ctrl T (Mac: Cmd T) to get the Transform options.
- On the paper, Right click (Mac: Ctrl click) and choose Flip Layer Horizontally. (PS: Choose Flip Horizontal.)
- Click the checkmark to commit.
Step Three: Move the Paper Left or Right
- Get Move tool.
- On the document, hold down the Shift key and click and drag the paper to the left or to the right until the lines in the design form a chevron.
TIP: Depending on the pattern repeat in the paper you are using, you should have many options for the size and location of the chevrons.
Step Four: Crop and Save the Paper
- Press Ctrl A (Mac: Cmd A) to select all.
- In the Menu Bar, choose Image > Crop.
- Press Ctrl D (Mac: Cmd D) to deselect.
- Save the chevron paper (File > Save As) as a JPEG image with a unique name.
- Close the original without saving.
Here are some other stripes I quickly turned into chevrons:
And, here’s a scrapbook page I made using this technique.
Scrapbook Page: Winter Magic by Jen White
Kits: Fuchia by Susie Roberts, Winter Bliss by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Whether you’re just getting started in digital scrapbooking or are self taught and want to fill in the gaps in your education, the QwikLearn Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Class will help you get up to speed FAST and become the confident, competent digital scrapbooker you deserve to be.
This self-paced class will take you where you want to go and is available for Photoshop Elements 11 to 2018, and Photoshop CS6 through Creative Cloud.
Learn more about the Qwiklearn Photoshop and Photoshop Elements Class!
Author: Jen White | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.