Hi everyone! Welcome to the Digital Scrapper Project 12 in 2012 Challenge. It’s hard to believe how fast 2011 flew by!
For those of you who completed their album for 2011 — congratulations on a job well done! You all won a $10 gift certificate! The winning participants from Project 12 in 2011 who will shortly be getting private messages from Andrea in the forum with their prize information are: bichonmom, blkdog70, Bobbie Bluegill, canay, connieg, dimorr, Fulltimer, janicem, JobaScraps, kschro4545, ladydrake64, Loretta, mrsobin, Meisie, norah, NotEnufTime2, pattya, Retiredlady, riet, roseb, Ruth 316, Shar Lamb, and Thejage. The codes are good for use in the Digital Scrapper Shop towards Photoshop & Photoshop Elements Tutorials, Digital Scrapbooking Kits, or Scrapbook Templates! Gift Certificate codes cannot be used for existing or future Premier Membership.
You ladies have earned that prize, and I hope you’re all printing beautiful albums with your Project 2011! There were so many incredible layouts posted in our Project 12 2011 Gallery, and it was awesome to see all the different interpretations for this challenge.
This is a fresh new year, and we’re hoping that lots more people will join us for Project 12 in 2012. You will be so glad you did!
Here’s a quick explanation of how Project 12 works:
Create a layout for every month that highlights that month’s activities or experiences, then post it in our brand new Project 12 in 2012 Gallery!
Note: We think you’ll like the way the Project 12, 2012 Gallery is set up this year! Unlike the old 2011 Project 12 Gallery, each month in the new Project 12, 2012 Gallery will get its own category. That way, you can find all the pages about January in one spot, and it will be the same for February and so on as the year continues.
So, when you upload your pages this year, be sure to choose the right category — each page should go in the category for the month that you’re scrapping about on your page, not the month that you finally finished creating the page itself.
Go check out the Project 12, 2012 Gallery today! And when you put your layout up, don’t forget to head on over to the Project 12 in 2012 Forum and post a link to your page so everyone can check it out!
Some helpful tips to get you started:
- You might find it helpful to choose one template to use for the whole year. You could also change it up a bit if you like, by rotating and/or flipping it.
- Give yourself permission to use as many or as few photos as you want, whether it be four or ten or even just one!
- Make it a one-page layout or a two-page spread. You can keep it simple or get as ambitious as you like!
- Not every month will have remarkable events. No problem! Scrap the simple things — a beautiful sunset, some delicious food you prepared, or a funny thing your child or grandchild said. You will be astonished at the end of the year how seemingly routine things become extraordinary.
- Check out our Project 12 Forum for good ideas and support.
- Check out our Project 12 in 2012 Gallery for inspiration.
Each month we like to feature several Project 12 layouts here on the blog. These layouts are all inspirational! This month I just loved this two-page spread by connieg. Her photography shines! Look at that depth of field in the first page — amazing! And not to mention that her very words are an inspiration! Her simple, elegant design just adds to the overall gorgeousness — beautiful work, connieg!
Jeneeo’s simple, clean design leaves lots of room to showcase her dogs playing in the house and outside in the snow. With the winter scenes, baking, and crafts, I’m left with an overall cozy feeling when I look at these two pages — perfect for January. Very nicely done, Jeneeo!
I hope you’ve been inspired by these gorgeous pages featured today. We can’t wait to see what you all come up with for Project 12 in 2012!