August 13, 2019 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 17, Issue 33
In 1997 my family was gifted brand new, top of the line camcorder. So for Christmas that year, I used the heck out of that thing! But as a result, I forgot to take photos. I was just having way too much fun.
Sometimes Only a Video Will Do
Sometimes you only have a video that represents a meaningful memory or event. And sometimes, only a video can accurately tell the story of what took place.
Scrapbook pages are not just for still images, did you know that? You CAN include videos in your archived memories. Here’s how to do that:
- Turn your video into a QR Code. I’ve included a link to a free video below showing you exactly how to do that.
- Put the scan code on your scrapbook page.
Tips for QR Code Success
- Do not warp the code. Keep it square and crisp as possible.
- Place it on a plain background.
- Use the Multiply or Darken Blend Mode to remove the white background of the code image.
- Test your final result.
- Set your scrapbook page to your Perfect Zoom Percentage.
- Scan the code on your screen with your smartphone.
- If you don’t want everyone in the world watching your video, be careful where you post the scrapbook page containing your scan code.
Isn’t it amazing what all can be done in digital scrapbooking? So many ideas, so little time. Ahhh. Life is good.
Love and creative success,
P.S. Most smartphones have smart cameras — meaning that if you point your camera at a QR Code (scan code), it will automatically ask you if you want to open the webpage that the code is representing. How cool is that?!?
P.P.S. Go ahead, try it! Try scanning (photographing) the QR Code in the image above. See how your smartphone or tablet reacts.
FREE Bonus Video
Adding QR Codes to Photo Books and Scrapbooks
Sometimes a video is the only thing that will represent a particular event. In that case, you can add a video to a photo book by utilizing the power of YouTube and scan codes.
Save 30% off Stories from the Road
This class includes:
- Over 25 videos to tell you exactly what you need to know from start to finish
- 40 Double Page Fully-adaptable Grayscale Templates in both 10×8 and 12×12 sizes
- 100+ professionally designed word art (not just for travel!)
- My exclusive photo action to save you a boatload of editing time
- And, so much more!
(This is not a new class.)
Learn More about Stories from the Road and Save 30% Today.
(Offer not valid with any other discount.)