May Journaling Challenge – Advice
by Jenifer Juris
The month of May is here and with it comes a new Journaling Challenge! This month, we’re sharing pages that are all about advice.
MAY TOP PICK
“Unplug by SharLamb is our TOP PICK of the May Journal Challenge. Her linear design played well with the soothing color scheme and very great advice. Her tip to unplug and reduce stress by doing so really resonated with me as something that could help so many of us.” ~ Jenifer Juris
In alphabetical order:
Have you ever needed some advice? Were you ever given advice you desperately needed at a specific time in your life? Is there something you wish to tell future generations?
For this month’s challenge, we’re asking you to share some advice. It can be:
- advice you were given,
- advice you wish you had been given,
- or just something you wish to share about life.
We all need encouragement from time to time so hopefully this month’s challenge will help inspire you with scrapbooking and to lift your spirits.
Things to Ponder:
- Facts: Dates, Names, or story behind the advice given.
- Feelings: Did this advice help? Do you regret not giving someone advice? Did this piece of advice encourage you in some way?
- Focus: Are there any big life lessons you learned that you wish to share?
Thinking about these things can help you recall memories and share a more polished story. Spend as little or as much time jotting things down as you like. Most importantly, have fun sharing about yourself, because your story matters.
- The only requirement is that your project must include some form of journaling that has to do with this month’s prompt. For 6 alternative journaling ideas, read Journaling With Style by Jenifer Juris.
- Photos are NOT required, but they can help tell a story if you have them.
- If this month’s prompt has you creating a page that includes private thoughts you don’t want to share on the web, read Jen White’s Maintaining Anonymity post and still enter the challenge.
- Post your project to the May Journaling Challenge Gallery. See the inspiration pages below.
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
- All entries must be received by May 31st, 2017, 10pm Eastern. This challenge is open for the entire month so feel free to make as many pages as you like. There is no limit to how many times you can enter.
- ScrapGirls.com is sponsoring our May Journaling Challenge by offering one winner a $10 gift certificate to their store.
- One standout page will be chosen from the Challenge Gallery on June 1, 2017.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery).
- The winning entry will appear in this blogpost and be announced in the Digital Scrapper News.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Author: Jenifer Juris | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.