February Journaling Challenge – Someone You Love
by Jenifer Juris
Let’s celebrate February, the love month, by honoring those we care about. Join us in journaling about someone you love.
Congratulations to the Top Pick, lawyerlyn.
“As always, our members never disappoint! There were some beautiful pages entered into the February Journaling Challenge about Someone You Love and it was difficult to choose, (as always). In the end, I chose this page because the photos and journaling tell such a cute and funny story that when I read it, I giggled out loud and got a big smile on my face! This adorable scrapbook page really showcased what someone does for they love.” Jenifer Juris
Prompt: Someone You Love
Who is someone you love? We want to read about them. It can be anyone from a spouse, to a special friend, to a person you cared about who has passed on.
Things to ponder:
- Facts: Their name, their relationship to you, their character traits, details you love about them, physical attributes, etc.
- Feelings: How does this person make you feel? How has the relationship impacted your life?
- Focus: What’s the main thing you want to share about this person?
Thinking about these things can help you recall memories and share a more polished story. Spend as little or as much time jotting things down as you like. Most importantly, have fun sharing about yourself, because your story matters.
- The only requirement is that your project must include some form of journaling that has to do with this month’s prompt. For 6 alternative journaling ideas, read Journaling With Style by Jenifer Juris.
- Photos are NOT required, but they can help tell a story if you have them.
- If this month’s prompt has you creating a page that includes private thoughts you don’t want to share on the web, read Jen White’s Maintaining Anonymity post and still enter the challenge.
- Post your project to the February Journaling Challenge Gallery. See the inspiration pages below.
- Don’t forget to add credits for the photo(s), supplies, and font(s) used.
- While you are there, leave some love and encouragement for other entries.
- All entries must be received by February 28, 2017, 10pm Eastern. This challenge is open for the entire month so feel free to make as many pages as you like. There is no limit to how many times you can enter.
- The Lilypad is sponsoring our February Journaling Challenge by offering one winner a $25 gift certificate to their store.
- One standout page will be chosen from the Challenge Gallery on March 1, 2017.
- The winner will be notified shortly thereafter via email (the email used to log in to the Digital Scrapper Gallery).
- The winning entry will appear in this blogpost and be announced in the Digital Scrapper News.
Note: All challenge gallery entries will be moved into their respective Member Galleries two weeks after the winner has been announced in the newsletter.
Author: Jenifer Juris | firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.