April 11, 2023 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 21, Issue 15
My dad has always maintained that the first sign of spring is the presence of dead skunks on the county roads. As a good daughter always does, however, I challenge his theory. To me, the first REAL sign of spring is my creative itch.
You see . . . winter is long, and a girl tends to forget that she’s ‘deathly allergic’ to (apparently) all things green within her reach. (Insert dramatic eye roll.)
Last weekend I found my creative itch. So as not to confuse things, I should say that I have two definitions for that term.
- Creative Itch. (v.) Idiotically venturing into green things in the spring, and then finding creative ways to spread my allergic reaction through itching.
- Creative Itch. (n.) Seeing the inspiring art of others (scrapbook pages or kits), and then feeling the nearly-uncontrollable itch to be creative.
As I sit here trying not to spread my creative itch (v.) any further, I’m hoping to transfer my constant creative itch (n.) onto you. Here are three ways that YOU can catch the itch (n.):
- Join Digital Scrapper Premier 2023! Volume 8 is our current volume and it’s on sale now through April 15, 2023. Just looking at all the member pages in our Community Gallery is enough to spark the itch (n.).
- Participate in Boogie Week. Getting stuff accomplished and caught up feels good, and it gets the ball rolling for creativity. Get the details of Boogie Week below.
- Challenge yourself to a scraplift. In my opinion, scraplifting is the very best way to recapture creativity. Here’s a link to our latest scraplift challenge.
I do hope you enjoy your week. Watch out for all the green stuff in your space this spring. I’ll see you in the galleries.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Begin Again: Relaxed by Kristin CroninBarrow. The cluster in the note is from Spring Breeze by Palvinka Designs.
News from Our Community
- Throwback Thursdays. Let’s Get Inspired to create a page about your favorite funny story.
- Friday Favorites. See what others found and shared from the web last week. Go to Friday Favorites.
- Scraplift Saturday. This week we’re scraplifting a cluster by Jen White. It’s not too late to join the fun!
5 Days Left to Save 30% on Volume 8
Saturday is the last day to save 30% on Digital Scrapper Premier 2023, Volume 8. Volume 8 focuses on creating a photo bridge, altering elements from your stash, and customizing shadows on your pages. We’re hoping to inspire you to create a minimum of 10 digital projects in this self-paced class.
Testimonial for Premier Classes
“I have to say I just started looking at the class and I love the bridge design. This class is awesome.” Happy
It’s Boogie Week! Let’s Get Stuff Done!
Boogie Week is our once-a-month call for you to join us in finishing up loose classes and projects. We want you to get things done because it feels GREAT!
- Spend 15 minutes per day, 5 days in a row
- Complete projects, like:
- your smallest unfinished class
- a scrapbook page you started
- organizing photos and supplies
- Celebrate your WINS with us in Community.
NOTE: The Boogie image was created using Spring Mood by TirAmisu Design.
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries
Page: Karen Chrisman
Page: Kathleen Sacry