March 28, 2023 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 21, Issue 13
When was the last time you stopped to smell the flowers?
Last weekend my hunk and I were driving the highways of northeast Texas. We had the panoramic sunroof open, and the sunshine and warmth were pouring in. But the very best part of it all was the dazzling display of wildflowers along the roadside.
Taking a cue from Val (a fellow flower lover and copy editor for Digital Scrapper), my hunk and I stopped many times along the side of the road to photograph the gorgeous Bluebonnets, the bright-orange Indian Paintbrush, and brilliant yellow Cosmos. It was spectacular!
This is all new to me — actually taking time to stop, sniff, and snap the flowers I see growing along a travel route. It was refreshing and I wanted to stop here for a second and encourage you to do it as well. Plus, it gives you pretty things to scrap about!
I’ll see you in the galleries this week.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Dear Mom by KimB Designs.
P.P.S. If you’ve finished Digital Scrapper Premier 2023, Volume 7, congratulations!! Remember to access your Completion Certificate in the classroom.
News from Our Community
- Throwback Thursdays. Read about a Journaling Tag Quick Tip.
- Friday Favorites. See what others found and shared from the web last week. Go to Friday Favorites.
- Scraplift Saturday. This week we’re scraplifting a card by Julie Singco. It’s not too late to join the fun!
- DS Premier 2023, Volume 7 Grad Tag. If you’d like to have a grad tag for Volume 7 added to your Community profile, click here for details.
World Backup Day is March 31, 2023
World Backup Day is recognized on March 31. This annual reminder is the perfect time to take inventory and make sure your bases are covered in the event of a catastrophe.
Your bases are probably very similar to mine.
- My computer(s)
- My iPhone — photos and contacts
- My Software — Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
New FREE Video Tutorial by Carla Shute
Use a drop capital letter to draw attention to the meaningful journaling on your next scrapbook page using the shape tool and a text box.
This tutorial includes:
- Video for PS & PSE
- Step-by-step PDF manual
Watch the FREE Video: Drop Capital Letter Journaling
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries
Page & Photos: Carla Shute
Tutorial: Drop Capital Letter Journaling by Carla Shute
Kits: Susie Roberts, Syndee Rogers
Fonts: Parisienne, Arcon