March 14, 2023 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 21, Issue 11
Community not only holds tons of inspiration, but it holds ideas and solutions for mixing things up on your scrapbook pages.
Earlier this week, Meryl shared an idea she came up with for unique journaling. So, I thought I’d share it with you in case you didn’t see her post.
A Quick Way To Create a Broken Word Strip Sentence
- Start with a plain, textured paper on a document.
- Type a phrase or sentence using a journaling font.
- Place 6-10 spaces between each word.
- If you need to press Return to go to the next line, add several lines instead.
- Get the Rectangular Marquee tool. In the Tool Options, click on the New Selection icon. Set the Feather to 0 and Aspect/Style to Normal.
- Drag a selection around one of the words.
- In the Menu Bar, choose Edit > Copy Merged.
- Choose Edit > Paste. You will not see the new word art because it will be blending into the paper.
- Do not use a script font.
- Use a dark font on a light paper or a light font on a dark paper.
- Don’t worry about getting the sizes exact. That’s part of the charm of it all.
Repeat the process of:
- select a word,
- choose Edit > Copy Merged,
- and then Edit > Paste.
When all words have been copied onto a new layer:
- Hide the type layer.
- Hide the original paper layer.
Here is the scrapbook page I created using this super-fun tip from Meryl. You should give it a try this week.
Interested in seeing what Meryl did with this tip? Click here to see Meryl’s original post.
I can’t wait to see what you create this week.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Be A Unicorn by Mari Koegelenberg.
P.P.S. COMING SOON — Semi-Annual BIG SALE. Save up to 50% on classes!
News from Our Community
- Throwback Thursdays. Read about Narrowing Down a Group of Photos.
- Friday Favorites. See what others found and shared from the web last week. Go to Friday Favorites.
- Scraplift Saturday. This week we’re scraplifting a cluster by Jen White. It’s not too late to join the fun!
2 More Days to Save 30% on Volume 7
Tomorrow is the last day to save 30% on Digital Scrapper Premier 2023, Volume 7.
Volume 7 focuses on blending, masking, and type. We’re hoping to inspire you to create a minimum of 10 digital projects in this self-paced class.
All classes include Forever Access and our Satisfaction Guarantee!
It’s Boogie Week! Let’s Get Stuff Done!
Boogie Week is our once-a-month call for you to join us in finishing up loose classes and projects. We want you to get things done because it feels GREAT!
- Spend 15 minutes per day, 5 days in a row
- Complete projects, like:
- your smallest unfinished class
- a scrapbook page you started
- organizing photos and supplies
- Celebrate your WINS with us in Community.
NOTE: The Boogie image was created using Home by Aprilisa Designs.
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries
Page: Meryl Bartho