March 22, 2022 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 20, Issue 12
Sometimes you just need to shout.
- “FORE!” — Because nobody wants a golfball stuck to their head.
- “SURPRISE!!” — Yay! And now, the surprise-ee is going to kill you.
- “IT WORKED! RUN!!” — This gives me anxiety just reading it!
I just had myself a little giggle. I bet you did, too. But the BIG question is, if you need to SHOUT on a scrapbook page, how should you do it? Here are two laws to live by.
Law 1. SHOUT BIG!
Of the similar pages above, which do you think shouts? It’s the one on the left, right? To shout, you need to go big or go home, and nothing says shouting like a great big chunky font in all caps spread across your scrapbook page.
Law 2. SHOUT LEGIBLY!
If you’re going to go to all the trouble of placing all caps on your page and shouting, make sure others can read what you’re saying.
The image in Law 2 above not only contains a shouting law, it also contains a BIG design flaw. Never use all capital letters along with a script font. Check out Jenifer Juris’s latest Essential Solutions video series below.
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Because You Are by CarolW Designs.
New from Our Community Forum
- Friday Favorites. Did you see what links others posted last week in Friday Favorites?
It’s Boogie Week! Let’s Get Stuff Done!
Boogie Week is our once-a-month call for you to join us in finishing up loose classes and projects. We want you to get things done because it feels GREAT!
- Spend 15 minutes per day, 5 days in a row
- Complete projects, like:
- your smallest unfinished class
- a scrapbook page you started
- organizing photos and supplies
- Celebrate your WINS with us in Community.
NOTE: The March Boogie Week image was created using Sprinkles by Kim B Designs.
NEW Video Tutorial
Essential Solutions for Page Design Problems
Using All Caps with a Script Font
Learn why using all caps with a script font is a design problem and my two solutions to use instead.
Watch the video: Using All Caps with a Script Font by Jenifer Juris
Spectacular Pages from the Galleries