July 13, 2021 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 19, Issue 28
Late last Thursday evening, my hunk and I pulled our vintage camper into our favorite campsite at our favorite campground. We were anticipating a great weekend.
As we were quietly setting up camp, I noticed the occupants of several other established campsites watching our process.
Did it bother me that the other campers were essentially ogling us from across the way? Absolutely not. Watching someone set up their campsite is captivating. I like to watch others, as well.
Just as one camper might want to watch another camper set up camp, one scrapper often loves to watch another scrapper create a scrapbook page. Here’s why:
- It’s encouraging. Have you ever watched another scrapbooker stumble over a task? Or watched them make a mistake and have to go back and fix it? It’s good to know that you’re not the only one who does that, right?
- It’s inspirational. Even though it’s obvious, I feel like I need to say that we all have different imaginations. Watching others gives you GREAT ideas for things you had not thought of before.
- It’s educational. The way you accomplish a task is likely not the only way to accomplish it. It’s amazing what you can learn from simply observing.
New This Week
Below you’ll find a new video in our Summer Scrapbooking Series. You’ll also find details of our Boogie Week for July and a reminder that we’ve just started another Community Team Call.
Have a great week!
Love and creative success,
P.S. The header above was created using Clever Like a Fox by Simple Pleasure Designs.
P.P.S. Wondering what’s coming up? Karen Schulz is putting the finishing touches on a new class teaching you how to master the basics of brushes. Jenifer Juris is working on an advanced Camera Raw class. And, Jen White is working on a class about organizing your photos and scrapbooking supplies using Adobe Bridge.
Get Stuff DONE This Week
For the next 5 days, we are pulling together to help you get things done. Spend 15 minutes per day for 5 days in a row to finish any dangling classes or projects, or just get more organized.
Join others who are boogying this week in Community.
Do you need to be a member of Community in order to boogie? No way! Boogie Week is for YOU, no matter where you’re joining me from.
Image credits: Keeping On by Dawn by Design
Now Accepting Applications for Our Fall 2021 CT
For a Limited Time – Apply for our Community Team
Are you interested in:
- Helping us pretest our classes and free tutorials?
- Encouraging your fellow members in Community on Facebook?
If you answered YES to the above, then I’d LOVE for you to apply for Community Team – running August 1, 2021 to January 31, 2022.
Summer Scrapbooking Series
New Video by Julie Singco
New this summer, the instructors at Digital Scrapper are coming together to create a series of videos where we show you how we create a scrapbook page or greeting card from beginning to end.
Julie Singco has created a video (Happy Happy Birthday) showing you the steps she took to design the greeting card above.
Note: You must be enrolled in our FREE Fundamentals class in order to watch this video.