June 2, 2021 | Digital Scrapper News | Volume 19, Issue 22
I’m a big fan of Simple Pleasure Designs by Jennifer Fehr.
I LOVE that Jennifer often includes big, bold patterns in her kits. I LOVE that she’s sometimes a little on the edge with her colors. And, I LOVE that she pushes me outside of my box creatively.
But then there are times when I’m split. I love one of her patterns, but I just cannot do the colors.
Here’s a Quick Bold & Busy Pattern Tip
- Open a bold and busy background paper (File > Open).
- Open a solid paper from the same kit.
- Get the Move tool.
- Holding down the Shift key, click and drag the solid paper onto the bold and busy paper.
- In the Layers panel, change the Blend Mode to Color.
- (optional) Sometimes it looks good to then lower the Opacity of the plain paper just a tad. In my example below, I lowered the Opacity of the tan paper to 85%.
Here’s my scrapbook page before and after following the instructions. This quick tip really made the pattern doable for me.
This is just one of the many quick BONUS TIPS that you’ll find in the private forum of my new Taming Bold & Busy Backgrounds class. It’s on sale now. Get the details below.
Love and creative success,
Digital Scrapper & QwikLearn
P.S. The header above was created using Hijinks by Anita Designs. The scrapbook page above was created using Autumn Skies and Apple Pies by Simple Pleasure Designs by Jennifer Fehr.
NEW CLASS – Taming Bold & Busy Backgrounds
Starts Monday, June 7, 2021
Smart and savvy secrets for using bold and busy papers on your scrapbook pages.
Enroll in this class by Tuesday, June 8, 2021, Midnight Eastern, and receive:
- $12 off (Reg $66)
- 34 Early Bird Bonus Templates ($40 value)
- 15 video lessons for PS & PSE with Closed-captioning
- 5 bonus videos
- 11 challenge videos
- Step-by-step PDF manuals
- Private gallery/forum benefits w/bonus content
- Forever Access
- Guaranteed Satisfaction
Note: The Lifetime Premier Coupon can be applied at checkout.