100 Happy Birthday Messages from Reader’s Digest
Whether you’re a card sender, or you just resort to saying “Happy Birthday” on Facebook or text, this list of happy birthday messages will come in handy.
NOTE: This list was compiled by Reader’s Digest and the original article can be found here.
Happy Birthday Messages for Her
- Cheers to another year! Hope your day is filled with love (and lots of birthday cake).
- As we celebrate your latest trip around the sun, I can’t help but think of the light you shine on my life. Thank you for all you do, and may this be your best birthday yet.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and a year filled with love, adventure and prosperity. Here’s to you!
- A one-of-a-kind birthday message for a one-of-a-kind gal. May all your birthday wishes come true this year.
- You’re truly a ray of sunshine in my life. Happy birthday, my girl!
- Today, we celebrate you and the beautiful life you have. May your birthday be as wonderful as you are.
- It’s a day to celebrate you and everything you’ve accomplished in life. Can’t wait to see what you do next. Happy birthday!
- Cake, presents, the affection of loved ones—talk about a great day. Wishing you the happiest birthday yet!
- If had a dollar for every time you’ve made my life better, I’d be the richest person in the world. Here’s to you, my girl—happy birthday!
- Here’s to you and all this year has in store. Bring on the gifts (and the cake, of course).
- The journey continues! And yours is truly special. Happy birthday to a wonderful ray of sunshine in my life.
- A sweet day celebrating a sweet girl—how lucky I am to know you. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see your beautiful smile light up the room for years to come.
- Another trip around the sun is in the books, my dear. May this next trip shine just as bright. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday—may this year be filled with adventures, blessings and lots of laughs.
- I’m grateful to know someone as wonderful as you. Thank you for letting me be part of your special day—happy birthday!
- To the one who gives her all every single day: You inspire me to do my best and live life to the fullest. I’m eternally grateful for you and am so lucky to have you in my life. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Messages for Him
18. I hope your birthday is just as awesome as you are. Happy birthday, man!
19. To a great guy on his birthday: May this year be filled with joy and success. Wishing you the best!
20. Happy birthday to the guy I couldn’t picture my life without. I’m so grateful for you and love all that you are.
21. I don’t know what I did to deserve having such an incredible guy in my life—but man, I’m counting my blessings. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
22. Cheers to the man of the hour! Happy birthday, hope it’s a great one.
23. Happy birthday! Thank you for the incredible memories—can’t wait to make more with you this year.
24. It’s not about the years in your life, it’s about the life in your years … and man, you’ve lived quite a life so far. Excited to see what you do this year—happy birthday!
25. What a wonderful day to celebrate the man you’ve become. I’m so proud of you and wish you a very happy birthday.
26. Words can’t express how lucky I am to have you in my life. Thank you for being you and giving your all every day—happy birthday!
27. You deserve the best—which is why I showed up today. You’re welcome. Happy birthday to the best guy out there!
28. Happy birthday! Thank you for being such a great friend. I appreciate you so much and hope you have an unforgettable day. Cheers!
29. An awesome day to celebrate an awesome guy! Hope this birthday is one for the books.
30. Wishing the guy I can count on most a very happy birthday. You rock!
31. I could write a novel, but the space on this card is limited, so I’ll keep it short and sweet. You’re the absolute best, man—wishing you the happiest birthday yet.
32. Well, it’s that time of year again … time to celebrate a real special guy. Happy birthday!
33. Happy birthday to a guy I’m so proud to know. You really are the best—have an incredible day.
34. My guy, you deserve to have all your wishes come true. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Messages for Friends
35. I’m so happy our paths crossed in this life. Wishing you a very happy birthday, my friend!
36. Don’t worry, I already know my present is your favorite. You should open the rest anyway—you know, to be polite. Have a fabulous birthday!
37. You may be another year older, but hey, you’ve still got it in my eyes. Happy birthday!
38. To a very special friend: Thank you for being in my life. I’m so happy to celebrate you today and hope you have a great birthday.
39. Congrats on getting another candle on the cake, bud!
40. Another year in the books. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
41. Happy birthday to the person who has made such a positive impact on my life. I’m forever grateful for you and our friendship.
42. Wishing my dearest pal a big happy birthday. May this be one for the books!
43. Happy birthday to someone who defines what a good friend is—honest, caring, loyal and incredibly kind. I’ve learned so much from you and can’t wait to see you thrive this year.
Happy Birthday Messages for Friends
44. Came for the cake, stayed to see who got you the best gift. (Spoiler: It’s me.) Cheers to an awesome birthday!
45. No ifs, ands or buts about it: You really are the best friend anyone could have. Happy birthday!
46. Happy birthday, bud! I’m grateful I get to spend your big day with you (and that your birthday cake looks delicious).
47. My dear friend: You truly deserve the best the world has to offer. I’m beyond thankful for our friendship and look forward to celebrating you today. Happy birthday!
48. A great day to celebrate a great friend! Happy birthday, and cheers to many more.
49. You’re simply the best. Wishing a big happy birthday to one of my dearest friends—may it be a year for the books.
50. Another year older? Yep. Another year wiser? That’s up for debate. Have an awesome birthday and enjoy the cake!
51. May all your birthday wishes come true this year—happy birthday, friend!
Happy Birthday Messages for Parents
52. Happy birthday to the best [mother/father] anyone could ask for. Thank you for everything you’ve done and continue to do. Sending you lots of love on your special day!
53. [Mom/Dad], words can’t describe how grateful I am for you. Thank you for all the laughs and life lessons. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!
54. Wishing the biggest happy birthday to the best [mom/dad] in the world. May your birthday be filled with love, laughter and pure joy.
55. Break out the cake! Happy birthday to the best parent in the world (in my totally unbiased opinion). I love you and wish you the best year yet.
56. [Mom/Dad], another candle on the cake means another incredible year has come and gone. I can’t wait to see what this next year brings you. Happy birthday!
57. Happy birthday to my role model and biggest supporter. I love you dearly and hope your day brings you nothing but happiness.
58. Time to celebrate the best of the best! Happy birthday, [Mom/Dad], and enjoy the presents and cake.
59. Happy birthday, [Mom/Dad]. Your kindness, love and optimism never cease to amaze me. Time to celebrate all that you are and all the positivity you put in the world.
60. As we celebrate you today, I can’t help but think of all the wonderful things you’ve done for our family over the years. I’m forever in awe of you, [Mom/Dad]. Happy birthday, my hero.
61. There’s no one like you, [Mom/Dad]. I’m so happy to celebrate your special day with you. Happy birthday, and here’s to many more!
62. There’s one common theme in my happiest memories: you. Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole world. May your day be filled with 10 times the joy you’ve provided for others.
63. Happy birthday to the most important person in my life. Thank you for being my confidant, cheerleader and best supporter. I love you so much, [Mom/Dad]—cheers to your special day!
64. You’re a legend, [Mom/Dad], and it’s time to celebrate all that you are and all you do. Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole world (and don’t worry, I know I’m your favorite too).
65. My dearest [Mom/Dad], I really lucked out getting you as a parent. Thank you for helping me live my very best life, I’m eternally grateful. Happy birthday!
66. Did you know that when you look up “rock star” in the dictionary, your picture is there? Makes sense, considering you’re such a rock star parent. Happy birthday to the greatest person I know. Love you dearly!
67. [Mom/Dad], today we celebrate the incredible day you came into the world. Look at what you’ve built since then. I’m so proud to be your child. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Messages for Siblings
68. Happy birthday to a fabulous [brother/sister]. I can’t picture my life without you and am so glad you’re in my life. Let’s celebrate!
69. Brilliant, hilarious, gorgeous … you really are a triple threat! Sending you lots of love on your special day.
70. The cake’s looking a little crowded with those candles, huh? Just kidding, of course—wishing you a happy birthday, [bro/sis]!
71. We were born siblings, but I’m so grateful for the friendship we’ve built over the years. Cheers to you on your birthday, and here’s to many more.
72. Here’s to the sweetest [brother/sister] I could have asked for. I love you so much and can’t wait to see what you do this year. Happy birthday!
73. I can’t count how many times you’ve made me smile over the years. Now, let’s see your smile shine bright on your birthday! May your day be filled with love and laughter.
74. [Brother/Sister], you’re like a fine wine: You’re only getting better with age. Cheers to a fantastic birthday!
75. Don’t forget to save the biggest slice of cake for your favorite sibling. Happy birthday to the one-of-a-kind [brother/sister] I love endlessly!
76. Happy birthday to the person who’s been my go-to buddy since day one. Here’s to many more years of shenanigans!
77. When we were younger, I thought I was stuck with you. Now, you’re the one who’s stuck with me! Happy birthday to the best sibling anyone could ask for.
78. I don’t care what mom and dad say: You’re a keeper. Can’t wait to celebrate all that you are—happy birthday!
79. Happy birthday to one of the greatest people I know. I wouldn’t trade our sibling bond for anything. Enjoy your day filled with love and celebration!
80. [Brother/Sister], I love how selfless and endearing you are at your core. You always celebrate others, but now it’s time to celebrate YOU. Wishing you the best birthday yet!
81. I can’t count how many lessons you’ve taught me, [bro/sis]. But the biggest one I’ve learned from you is this: Live well and love big. May you live well and love big on your birthday.
82. Remember, we could be thousands of miles apart, but our hearts will always be close. Happy birthday to my other half!
83. I would say I love you to the moon and back, but that’s pretty far—how about to the mailbox and back? All jokes aside, I’m so lucky to have you as a sibling. Happy birthday, and cheers to a wonderful year!
84. To my sibling and my very best friend: I’m so excited to celebrate you on your birthday. Let’s raise our glasses to the wonderful person you are. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Messages for Coworkers
85. Happy birthday! I’m so thankful we met through work and that we’ve gotten to know each other. Hope you have an extra special day!
86. Sending lots of birthday wishes your way!
87. May your birthday be as wonderful as you. Happy birthday, [name]!
88. Wishing you a very happy birthday and a splendid year ahead.
89. Thank you for all you do, both at work and in life. I hope this is the best birthday yet!
90. To a great coworker: May your birthday be filled with joy and love. Have an awesome day!
91. [Name], you’re a real rock star. I hope you enjoy your birthday (and birthday cake!).
92. Time to celebrate how incredible you are! Happy birthday to one of my favorite coworkers.
93. You’re truly the best to work with. Happy birthday to the office superstar!
94. Happy birthday, [name]! Thanks for making our shifts together memorable. Have a lovely day.
95. Happy birthday to one of the best coworkers around. Hope it’s filled with fun, laughs and delicious cake.
96. I’m so grateful you’re on our team. Happy birthday to a phenomenal coworker!
97. [Name], what can I say? You’re such a lovely person, and you’re a gem to work with. Happy birthday!
98. You work hard, and now it’s time to enjoy your special day. Happy birthday to a one-of-a-kind coworker.
99. Words can’t express how appreciative I am for your work. Thank you for all you do, and I hope your birthday is extra special this year!
100. It’s an honor to work alongside someone as kind and hardworking as you. Happy birthday, and cheers to many more!
NOTE: This list was compiled by Reader’s Digest and the original article can be found here.
Author: Jen White | Contact Us
All comments are moderated.
Please allow time for your comment to appear.